Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Craft Project: Card Holders



I love to display the Christmas cards we get from family and friends, but I am always at a loss as to how to show them off. When I saw the VersaGrip magnetic sign holders and angled sign holders from Deflecto, I knew that I could turn them into a holiday-rific solution!

The first sign holder I altered was the angled sign holder. They start out looking like this:
Photo: Deflecto.com
With just a small plastic snowflake ornament from Michaels and a couple of glue dots, it turns into a simple but cute card holder!


The other Deflecto product that I used was the VersaGrip magnetic sign holders.

Photo: Deflecto.com
On this holder, I added some tinsel and a piece of a vintage plastic floral spray (I adore vintage Christmas stuff!).


For a finishing touch, I made a "Merry Christmas" sign using Deflecto's chalkboard-look sign tags! These tags are so cool -- they can be cut to size and you can clean off the ink from the included pen with water.


I decorated the other holder with mini ornaments I picked up at Michaels and some clear tinsel.


I hope that these have inspired you! You can use so many different bits and baubles to turn these sign holders into a cool part of your holiday decor!

Materials used:
sign holders and sign tags - Deflecto
mini ornaments - Michaels
adhesive - Thermoweb
tinsel and vintage spray from my stash!

No comments :

Post a Comment